May 8, 2012

The East Coast Oscars


Elegant and elaborate fashion was on display at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s 2012 Costume Institute Gala in New York City on May 7, 2012. It was no surprise that some of the stars wore Prada to the ball, in honor of the theme for this year's Costume Institute exhibition, "Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations"
At this fashion forward event you often see asymmetrical designs with embellished-sleeves and bold pattern risks.  It is the Oscars for the East Coast.  Below are a few dresses I really enjoyed and others, well I hope they are not paying for a stylist.

I will start with some of my favorite dresses from last night:



The wives of Don Draper past and present: January Jones and Jessica ParĂ© looked Gorgeous 



January Jones
 in Versace
She rocked this dress and worked her magic as usual I love it


Ashley Greene
Looked like a goddess in this Donna Karan Atelier Wjite Grecian Gown

Amber Heard
 in Zac Posen
This is a siren-worthy gown and she pulled it off perfectly



Camille Belle
played the '20s siren in a metallic beaded Ralph Lauren gown
she looked amazing



Karolina Kurkova
looked beautiful in a dazzling rose gold Rachel Zoe design. The glittering floor length gown featured a flowing hem, high neckline, long sleeves and an open back.


Katherine McPhee
She looked stunning  in a coral-colored, square-neck embroidered gown by Elie Saab


And now we move on from the Stunning and beautiful numbers from last night to the what were they thinking numbers below:


SJP 
in Valentino



M.I.A.
in Alexander Wang

I did not enjoy M.I.A or SJP.  What was Carrie thinking?  They look like they grabbed the bedroom drapes to create a last minute fashion fiasco.

Kirsten Dunst
in Rodarte
This orange, suit-inspired gown with a white collar hangs on her body and the belt does not work at all with this fashion number.

Katy Perry
in CuteCircuit
She looks like a walking Glow Stick, at least she won't get lost her way to the rave after the event.


Marc Jacobs
I see London, I see France, I can see his underpants

                      Do you think Florence and Emma will be free to adorn my Christmas tree this year?


Florence Welch
in YSL


Emma Stone
in Alber Elbaz


Chloe Sevigny
in Miu Miu
Compact Mirrors + Duct tape?



Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga
Is this a Sandy Kessler inspired design?
Elizabeth Banks
in Mary Katrantzou
She looks like she's expecting.  This dress hurts my eyes.


Beyonce
in Givenchy Haute Coture
This dress is going to give me nightmares

Anna Wintour
The Vogue editor in chief  wore Prada
I actually love this dress on her and the fur is beautiful.  The color is a  stunning contrast to the red carpet but what is with the Lobster?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's up??

The Art of Coziness

  Its winter, which means the weather outside is frightful but that doesn't mean your home can’t be cozy and delightful. A cozy home s...