Ingredients for one cocktail:
- 3 maraschino cherries, plus ¾ ounce of syrup from the jar
- Superfine sugar
- 2 brown sugar cubes
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters*
- ½ oz. Cherry Heering**
- 4 oz. chilled Champagne
- Moisten the outer rim of a flute with maraschino cherry juice and coat with superfine sugar.
- Put sugar cubes into the flute.
- Add the Angostura, Cherry Heering, cherries and remaining syrup.
- Stir in Champagne.
*These bitters are easily available on Amazon.com, if not at your liquor store.
**A black cherry liquor that you should be able to get at a good liquor store.