September 13, 2012

Ring in the Fall Thirsty Thursday Style w/ an Apple Pie Martini

Fall is officially here and I am having a difficult time with the transition out of summer. I like the long days, getting up early and coming home from work when it’s light out. What I like best is the overall casualness of summer, life slowing down a bit, an expectation of carefree days and relaxing nights. I start relishing the promise of summer right before Memorial Day, thinking back to when summer seemed to last forever. By the 4th of July, I’m worried that summer is going too quickly and by the beginning of August, I am afraid to look at the trees for fear of seeing a leaf turning color.

I thought I would ring in the start of fall and apple picking season with a colorful and delicious fall cocktail.  The main ingredient?  Apples of course.
The Apple Pie Martini
I know what your thinking,  this has been done before, but don’t confuse this fall cocktail with a green apple martini.  Apple pie martinis are made with vodka, apple cider, whipped cream and cinnamon, served in a graham cracker–rimmed martini glass.  


Ingredients:

Apple cider vinegar
Graham cracker crumbs
Vanilla Flavored Vodka
Apple cider
Whipped cream
Cinnamon
Cinnamon stick

What you will need:

Martini Glass
Shaker

To make this tasty drink

Use one part vanilla-flavored vodka (or regular vodka) and two parts apple cider, shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain liquid into prepared glasses.  Top with whipped cream, stick in a Cinnamon stick, and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.  Serve these with a warning that they may taste smooth, but they are potent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's up??

The Art of Coziness

  Its winter, which means the weather outside is frightful but that doesn't mean your home can’t be cozy and delightful. A cozy home s...