October 19, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: Friday Edition

Paul and I are going to a club in the financial district tonight called Julep.  In honor of this little outing I am going to introduce you to one of my favorite cocktails.  The Mint Julep.  There are tons of variations to this classic cocktail but my favorite is the original.

The Kentucky Derby has been serving it's loyal fans the Mint Julep for the past 75 years.
According to cocktailtimes  in 1938 The Mint Julep became the sinature drink of the derby.  Back then, they were served at Churchill Downs in a souvenir glass for 75 cents. 

Mint Julep Recipe

Photo Credit: MarthaStewart.com
Ingredients:
Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker and poor over crushed ice
Garnish with an additional mint sprig, take a sip, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's up??

The Art of Coziness

  Its winter, which means the weather outside is frightful but that doesn't mean your home can’t be cozy and delightful. A cozy home s...